First an awesome article dealing with Star Wars Legos:
“The Early Learning Centre is a British retail chain specialising in toys for young children with an educative agenda. Videogame developer Ross Mills found it odd that they would be selling Anakin Skywalker toys there, from a variety of manufacturers including Lego, and decided to write a letter.
We thank Ross for allowing us to reprint them here.
From: Ross Mills
To those responsible for choosing the toys they wish to sell at the Early Learning Centre, as well as in-store advertising.
I was recently walking past the Dundee Early Learning Centre, and was shocked and disgusted to see an advert for Star Wars toys, prominently featuring the characters Yoda and Anakin Skywalker as positive figures.
Personally, I could not be more shocked. I thought the Early Learning Centre was a place for positive reinforcement of positive actions for children, but yet, here it was, actively promoting one of the most evil characters in the Star Wars universe. Anakin Skywalker.
Now, I am aware that Anakin was not always evil, and was in-fact an innocent in Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace, however, I wish to press on you the severity of his actions starting upon joining the Jedi Order as a Padawan:
* Consistent and flagrantly ignoring the rules, orders and limits set on him by his Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
* Killing an entire tribe of sand-people on Tatooine
* Killing the unarmed Count Dooku
* Cutting the arm off a Jedi Knight, Mace Windu. (Need I remind you that the Jedi
Knights are the PROTECTORS of peace and justice throughout the Star Wars saga?)
* Pledging himself to the Dark Side of the force, an organisation based on the teachings of the Sith, involving Brutality, Fear, Anger, and Hatred, including severe humanistic racism when they came into power forming the Empire
* Acted as the right-hand of the Sith Emperor
* Choked his wife using the power of the Force, nearly killing her and undeniably an act which eventually led to her death.
* Attempted killing of Jedi Knight and Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
And, last of all, and the most important
* The massacre of an entire school of young Jedi Children.
Now, I ask you, how can you sell such toys, promoting such individuals, in your establishment?
Sincerely, Ross Mills“
Now an announcement I am very excited about! Currently they are developing a live action Star Wars T.V show titled Star Wars: Underworld. It’s been quoted as being about “underneath of what is going on, the criminals, the gangs that are running like, you know Wall Street, basically running the United States.”
The show is rumored at being set at 5 million an episode and will be “dark and adult”.
The show will take place between Episode 3 and 4.
So awesome news but to be honest a show placed in the Star Wars universe after Vader kills himself and the Emperor to save Luke would be a more interesting show. If you have a show during the course of events that have already been detailed in the movies it really leaves little more to explore the universe. Granted there are a lot of popular books that continue to Star Wars universe and stories after the movie but the T.V shows wouldn’t have to go off the books and could just deal with how everyone has to clean up after Vader and the emperor are dead. It would make for a more interested show that wouldn’t be so restricted. Regardless you can mark that down as my new favorite show when it comes out…at the moment it still is The Walking Dead and Fringe!